- Fly to Palermo Airport or Catania Airport
- Majestic volcanoes
- Grottos and caves
- UNESCO world heritage sites
Sicily Yacht Charter Guide
The Aeolian Islands, sometimes called the Lipari islands after the largest island in the chain, is one of Italy’s most beautiful sailing destinations, full of mountainous coastline, beautiful beaches with black sand and incredible volcanic island groups. Begin your trip in Portorosa and head towards the extraordinary Aeolian Islands.
The volcanic archipelago is named after the Aeolus, the Greek god of wind, who has taken kindly to the region, with moderate NW breezes the summer norm.
This incredible sailing area is almost otherworldly, and very different from your usual yacht charter in the Mediterranean sea, with Mount Etna gently smoking in the background.
Alternativelly, go past the Capo DOrlando and start your charter from Trapani. Passing by dramatic rock stacks, cliffs, caves and beaches, head for the Aegadian Islands. Also known as the Egadi islands, this archipelago is part of the largest Marine Nature Reserve in Europe. These lesser-known islands boast a stunning array of rich marine life, white sandy beaches, beautiful bays, secret caves, shipwrecks and calm, clear waters – ideal for diving and snorkelling
Suggested bareboat itinerary
- Day 1 - Check in at Portorosa
- Day 2 - Portorosa to Lipari - 22NM
- Day 3 - Lipari to Panarea - 10NM
- Day 4 - Panarea to Stromboli - 12NM
- Day 5 - Stromboli to Salina - 21NM
- Day 6 – Salina to Filicudi - 14NM
- Day 7 – Filicudi to Portorosa via Vulcano - 37NM
- Total = 116NM
See the detailed itinerary here