Skiathos Yacht Charter
Greece's Sporades region is a brilliant assortment of 4 major and 20 minor islands, stretching from cosmopolitan Skiathos to the tranquil Skopelos and the remote Skiros.
With reliable Northerly winds and sheltered flat seas, the Sporades can offer some great sailing all season long.
This is a sample seven day itinerary for a Skiathos yacht charter exploring the Sporades. It gives a flavour of the type of sailing holiday you can have in this region on a private charter and can, of course, be tailored to your preferences.
Skiathos has a wide variety of bareboat, skippered and crewed yachts available.
To find your ideal yacht click below.
7 Days From Skiathos
- Day 1 - Arrive Skiathos
- Day 2 - Panormous (Skopelos Island) - 10nm
- Day 3 - Skopelos Town - 13nm
- Day 4 - Peristeri Island - 14nm
- Day 5 - Steni Vala (Alonisos Island) - 5nm
- Day 6 - Loutraki (Skopelos Island) - 21nm
- Day 7 - Return to Skiathos - 6nm
- Total = 69NM
7 Day Itinerary - Skiathos
Pick up your yacht from Skiathos Marina - an excellent place to start a charter, with supermarkets, restaurants and bars all within walking distance.
Skiathos island was famously used as a location for the 2008 film Mamma Mia, and it's easy to see why, with lush scenery and a glorious old town.
While in Skiathos Town:
- Hire a bike, motorbike or car and explore the many beaches on the island.
- Experience nightlife catering to all tastes from jazz and blues to rock and disco.
- Provision with fresh fish from the fishing port.
Panormos (Skopelos Island)
A two-hour sail takes you out to Panormos on the South-western corner of Skopelos, leaving plenty of time to swim and explore.
Panormos is the largest resort outside of Skopelos town and has great ranges of bars, cafes and tavernas. This part of the coast has lots of beaches all surrounded by pine and olive trees.
We recommend anchoring in Blo, a beautiful deep anchorage that is well-protected in all weathers.
While in Panormos:
- Watersports - lots on offer from all the main beaches.
- Stunning Beaches.
- Bars and restaurants.
- Great sunset views.
Built upon a steep hill encircling the harbour, Skopelos town is one of the most picturesque towns on the Aegean.
A labyrinth of alleys set amidst whitewashed houses and cascading bougainvillea lead to an ancient castle set atop the hill where the panoramic views are truly breathtaking.
Things to see and do in Skopelos:
- Explore the 120 Byzantine churches.
- Visit the Folklore Museum to see a fine collection of traditional paintings, ceramics and frescoes from Skopelos.
- Explore the marina boutiques, jewellers and souvenir shops, with their beautiful hand painted shop signs.
Head east out of Skopelos and sail 14nm towards Peristiri, a beautiful and remote uninhabited island located in the shadow of Alonissos.
There is a well sheltered bay on the southern end of Peristiri, which is ideal for charterers looking to enjoy the serenity of an evening on board in a quiet and beautiful anchorage.
Steni Vala (Alonisos Island)
Today is a very relaxed one, with only 5nm to cover. Enjoy a lazy morning at anchor and a nice swim before the trip west to Steni Vala.
Steni Vala is an idyllic Greek fishing village with a couple of cafes/ bars and three Greek Tavernas.
For scuba divers there is a scuba shop that offers expeditions to the nearby islets. There are also two nice beaches within easy reach.
While in the area:
- Go on a Scuba Diving expedition
- Bars and Tavernas
Loutraki (Skopelos Island)
Loutraki is a spa town known for its hot springs, Belle Epoque-style hotels and delightful promenade.
While in the area:
- Visit the Osios Patapaios monastery.
- Visit Mamma Mia's Agios Ioannis chapel.
- Unwind in the luxurious Loutraki Municipal Thermal Spa where you can enjoy a yoga class, massage, volcanic rock treatment or bathe in a hot spring pool.
Return to Skiathos
Make the most of your final day by visiting Koukounaries beach, famous for its fine white sand, on the South west coast of Skiathos on your way back to the marina.
The region around the beach is full of restaurants and bars to visit for lunch.
After lunch, take your dinghy to explore a small river leading to a lagoon surrounded surrounded by a forest reserve.
Then it's time to slowly meander back to base at the end of an unforgettable week in this remote Greek paradise.